Prescription Medicine Pricing
As a global healthcare leader, Sanofi has a long-standing commitment to promote healthcare systems that make our treatments accessible and affordable.
Sanofi is one of many stakeholders in the healthcare system. However, we believe we have a role to play in order to maintain an ecosystem that will continue to bring new medicines and vaccines to patients. The goal of our pricing principles is to increase the understanding of how we think about pricing, while also limiting our contribution to the increase in healthcare costs and offering more transparency into the overall process.
Sanofi Patient Connection
Supports patients and providers in determining insurance coverage and options. Services include:
- Insurance Verification
- Prior Authorization Assistance
- Coding and Billing Assistance
- Claims Management and Appeal Assistance
Patient Assistance Connection
Provides medication at no cost to patients who meet program eligibility requirements. This component of the program is made possible through the Sanofi Foundation for North America. Eligibility requirements include:
- Patient must be a U.S. citizen or resident and be under the care of a licensed healthcare provider authorized to prescribe, dispense and administer medicine in the U.S.
- Patient must have no insurance coverage or no access to the prescribed product or treatment via their insurance
- Patient must not be eligible for Medicare or Medicaid
- See program application for Medicare Part D eligibility criteria
- Patient must meet the following financial criteria:
- Annual household income of ≤250% of the current Federal Poverty Level for all non-Oncology/non-Hematology Products
- Annual household income of ≤500% of the current Federal Poverty Level for all Oncology and Hematology Products
Helps identify additional resources and support for program patients, including:
- Clinical Support Services
- Nutritional Supplements (groceries, food banks, etc.)
- Health Supply/Cosmetic Aids (wigs, scarves, etc.)
- Patient Advocacy Support
- Home Care Services Support (shelter, utilities, etc.)
Providers can also access the secure Sanofi Patient Connection™ Provider Portal to enroll and manage their patients in the program by clicking on the following link: http://visitspconline.com
Patients can access more information about the SPC program by clicking on the following link: http://sanofipatientconnection.com
Sanofi US also participates in the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA Rx) together with more than 475 support programs that provide free or nearly free medications to the underserved. The partnership has assisted more than 8 million people since its inception in April of 2005.