Sanofi US ("Sanofi US") maintains this Website (the "Website") for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the Website.
Through your access and use of the Website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") set forth below.
Terms and Conditions
- The Website contains information about products that may or may not be available in any particular country or region of the world, may be available under different trademarks in different countries and, where applicable, may be approved or cleared by a government regulatory body for sale or use with different indications and restrictions in different countries. However, the Website and its contents are designed to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. Although accessible by others, it and its content are intended for access and use by U.S. residents only.
- The Website may contain from time to time information related to various health, medical and fitness conditions and their treatment. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a professional health care provider. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult a professional health care provider.
- Sanofi US makes no representations or warranties as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein and expressly disclaims any obligation to update said information, except to the extent required by law, including, but not limited to, Food and Drug Administration regulations. Sanofi US further assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Website.
- The Website may contain financial and other information which is forward-looking and involves risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, risks associated with the inherent uncertainty of pharmaceutical research, product development and commercialization, the impact of competitive products, patent, product liability and third-party reimbursement risks associated with the pharmaceutical industry, and the other risks and uncertainties detailed from time to time in Sanofi's Annual Report.
- You may freely browse the Website. You may freely download material therefrom. Any and all downloaded materials may be used by you for personal, non-commercial use. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use any of such materials for public or commercial purposes, without the express written permission of Sanofi US. All copyright and other proprietary notices contained in downloaded materials must be retained.
- You should assume that all contents of the Website are copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided herein and without the express written permission of Sanofi US. Images of people or places displayed on the Website are either the property of, or used with permission by, Sanofi US.
- The use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by specific permission provided elsewhere on the Website. Unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright, trademark, privacy and/or publicity laws as well as communications regulations and statutes.
- Your use of the Website is at your own risk. Neither Sanofi US nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or browsing in the Website. This includes damages to, or arising out of viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post, on the Website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary information. Sanofi US, or any of its affiliates, may use such communication or material for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and further posting. Further, Sanofi US and its affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication or material you send to the Website for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Website are registered and unregistered trademarks of Sanofi US and others. Nothing contained in this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without the express written permission of Sanofi US or such third party. Your misuse of the Trademarks on the Website and in its contents, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are advised that Sanofi US will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in the Website and its contents to the fullest extent of the law, including by seeking criminal sanctions.
- Although Sanofi US may, from time to time, monitor or review the discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Website, Sanofi US is under no obligation to do so, except to the extent required by law or regulation, and Sanofi US assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of the Website nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within the Website.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or would otherwise violate the law. Sanofi US will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Sanofi US to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- You are prohibited from altering, damaging or defacing the Website or adding any unauthorized material to the Website. You are advised that Sanofi US will aggressively protect the Website and will prosecute violators to the fullest extent of the law, including by seeking criminal sanctions.
- Sanofi US reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Website at any time, and Sanofi US may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions and the other Policies set forth in this Website by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions and Policies.
Last Updated: June 23, 2020
- Collection of Personal Information
- How Personal Information may be used
- Who Personal Information may be disclosed to
- Visitor tracking information
- Web Logs
- Pixel Tags
- Social Plugins
- Google Analytics
- How to stop getting communications
- This policy addresses only information that is or may be collected on our U.S. websites – which are NOT intended to be used by non-U.S. residents.
- This policy applies only to information collected on websites that are directly linked to this policy, and does not apply to information collected in other areas, whether online or offline. This policy does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessed through a link from a site covered by this policy. You should review the privacy policies of any third-party websites to understand how that site collects, uses and discloses any Personal Information or non-Personal Information (as defined below).
- Our U.S. websites are not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 13, or to collect Personal Information (as defined below) from children either directly or through passive information technology such as cookies.
Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that directly identifies you or could reasonably be used in combination with other information to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by Sanofi US web sites and maintained by or for Sanofi US in an accessible form. Examples of Personal Information that directly identify you can include your name, driver’s license number, social security number, biometric or genetic data, street address, telephone number, email address and other similar information. Examples of Personal Information that when combined with other information may be able to identify you include race, gender, date of birth, health condition or status, employment status, zip code and other similar information. Both types of information are considered “Personal Information” for the purposes of this policy.
Please do not submit any Personal Information if you do not want it to be collected. You should be aware, however, that without providing requested information, you may not be able to participate in particular features or activities that require such information.
Certain areas of our websites allow you to contact us to ask questions or provide comments or other information. Please be aware that when you ask questions or provide comments or other information, you may be disclosing Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is information that is not personal, such as questions, comments, ideas and suggestions that you provide, or information that we may collect that is not linked to any Personal Information. Non-Personal Information will be treated as non-confidential, and we may disclose and/or use that information without any obligation whatsoever to you, for any purpose and through any means.
How Personal Information may be used
If you provide us with Personal Information, we may use that information to contact you by e-mail, regular mail, telephone or other means, to provide you with information you requested about specific products or services, provide additional future information about products or services that may be of interest to you, and to learn about and develop products and services concerning a particular disease or condition (e.g., market research). Additional information about use of your Personal Information may appear at the point where you are asked to provide Personal Information in a form or data field.
Sanofi US may combine your Personal Information provided on one Sanofi US web site with Personal Information provided in other online or offline records held by Sanofi US, and/or with records provided by third parties. Sanofi US may also combine your Personal Information with information gathered through cookies, web logs, pixel tags and other visitor tracking technologies, discussed further below. We use this consolidated information to help us better design Sanofi US websites and products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
Who Personal Information may be disclosed to
Sanofi US will not transfer or allow access to your Personal Information to third parties, except (i) to affiliated entities within the Sanofi Group, whether inside the U.S. or in other countries; (ii) to service providers who provide services to us (e.g., market research) or who assist us in providing service to you (e.g. a fulfillment company for processing and mailing purposes); (iii) in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities; (iv) to comply with legal requirements or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; (v) when we believe it is necessary to share information in order to assist in an investigation regarding, or to prevent, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person; (v) upon a sale, merger, assignment or transfer of the business of the website to which the information relates; and (vi) to third parties with whom Sanofi US is jointly marketing a product or service or jointly conducting a program or activity. Any affiliated entity, vendor or service provider, or other third party who is permitted access to, or to whom we transfer, Personal Information is required to keep your Personal Information confidential.
Sanofi US takes reasonable precautions to keep Personal Information secure against unauthorized access and use. However, the confidentiality of personal information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet, especially Personal Information related to your health.
Visitor tracking information
Sanofi US websites may use a tracking technology called a “cookie.” A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site, to track your preferences and selections, or to show you advertisements based on your interests, such as banner ads relating to Sanofi US products and services. Cookies may be placed on your computer by Sanofi US (a “first party cookie”) or by another company or advertiser that Sanofi US engages to provide services or advertising on a Sanofi US website (a “third party cookie”). It is possible that these cookies could be used in combination with other information to identify you.
Information stored in first party cookies associated with a Sanofi US web site will be transmitted back to us. Information stored in third party cookies may be transmitted to the party placing the cookie, so that they can deliver to you messages and advertisements based on your interests as you browse the Internet. You may be able to opt-out of third parties using cookies to deliver interest-based advertising to you by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices/. With most internet browsers, you can also erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies, block specific kinds of cookies, or even receive a warning before a cookie is placed on your system. Refer to your browser instructions or help button to learn more about cookies. You should be aware, however, that cookies might be necessary to provide you with certain features (e.g., customized delivery of information) available on Sanofi US websites. In addition, certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to Sanofi US about how or whether Sanofi US or third parties may collect information about your online activities.
Sanofi US websites may also automatically collect and store web log information relating to your computer and your visit, such as the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet address of the website from which you linked to a Sanofi US website; the date and time you accessed a Sanofi US website, how long you spent and which pages you visited; your computer's operating system and browser software; and your Internet protocol (IP) address. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider so you can access the Internet. This number may change each time you connect to the internet (“dynamic IP address”) or it may remain constant (“static IP address”). If you have a static IP address, it is possible that this address could be used in combination with other information to identify you.
Sanofi US websites may also track your usage of the site through the use of pixel tags (also called clear gifs or web beacons). A pixel tag is a tiny graphic on a web page that is used to track pages viewed. Pixel tags tell the web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Pixel tags may be placed on online advertisements that bring people to a Sanofi US website and on different pages of our sites. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
This site may use social plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our site, the operator of the social plugin may be able to place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the associated social media web site (e.g., Facebook) while browsing on our web site, the social plugin allows that social media web site to receive information that you have visited our web site. The social plugin may also allow the social media web site to share information about your activities on our web site with other users of their social media web site. For more information about the information shared via a particular social media plugin, you should refer to that social media site’s privacy statement.
How to stop getting communications
If you decide you no longer wish to receive information or communications about particular products and services, or from Sanofi US (for example, postal mailings, emails and telephone calls), you may opt out of any particular product or service or from all mailings by contacting us at the following toll-free number: 800-633-1610 . An “unsubscribe” option is also available through the Sanofi US website here.
You may also click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any Sanofi US email and follow the directions that appear on the screen in order to opt out of communications from Sanofi US.
Please note that you may continue to receive materials for a period of time while our lists are being updated.
For California Residents
Residents of the State of California may reference to our California Privacy Notice.
For any requests or inquiries relating to Sanofi US's privacy practices, you may contact the Sanofi Privacy Office.
Thank you for your interest in Sanofi US.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sanofi US is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a federal contractor. To the extent applicable, it will comply with Executive order 11246, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973.